Friday, July 20, 2012

Not Enough For A Train Ticket Scam

So I was riding home on the train the other day and this guy wearing sunglasses walked onto the train. He announced to everyone that he was short $1.65 and needed to buy a train ticket. I was about to give him some money for the ticket, but another passenger handed him $2 before I could. I was relieved the man had enough money now since the train was departing in less than 3 minutes. However, what happened next reminded me of why it is so hard to trust people.

The man took the $2, said thanks and rather than try and buy the ticket he quickly left the train. Immediately after, he entered the next train car and gave the same exact shortchanged speech that he gave to us... Although I'm not 100% certain, my guess would be that this guy has done this scam a countless number of times with each new train that enters the station.

Please Share Any Similar Scams You Know Of In The Comments Below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment