Friday, July 13, 2012

Obama Administration Program Scam

Thousands in the U.S. have been affected by this widespread scam dating back to May 2012. The majority of victims have gotten a call from a utility program saying that they will pay up to $1000 to help pay monthly utility bills. THIS IS A SCAM.

It has also been spread by Social Media sites, flyers, text message and other means of communication. Through this widespread scam, victims have provided criminals with personal information such as name, address and worst of all social security numbers.

If you are presented with an opportunity that seems to good to be true, 9/10 times it is a scam. When sharing personal information make sure that you have initiated the contact and that you are confident in the other person as well. Better yet, NEVER give information out to someone to calls you, e-mails you or contacts you online.

If you really are unsure about an opportunity or offer, search the details on Google and you will almost always find reviews or information about the particular opportunity or offer you are looking for.


As an example, here is a personal e-mail that was sent to me a few days ago.

Good day to you!

I am really impressed with "thenameofmysite".net - what a great, unexpected find on my search for user-friendly sites!

I am interested in having one of my unique and interesting to read articles published on "thenameofmysite".net. In return, all I ask for is that you let me include a link to my site GunSafesStore.com from within the article --- I would be willing to offer a one-time monetary contribution as well. Please let me know if this sounds like something you'd be interested in.

Kind regards,
Robert Lobitz
Public Relations
KASA Capital
909-444-5100

At first it looks like a professional e-mail and I believed it to be when I first received it. I googled "Robert Lobitz Public Relations KASA Capital" just to make sure it was legitimate. This was the first thing I found...

KASA Capital Spamming for links: "Article"



Robert Lobitz, that SPAM TURKEY at KASA Capital (Kasamarketing.com),
offering to put his link on your website:

To my surprise this same e-mail has been spammed to hundreds of other people trying to get a link from other people's sites to his. Though not as dangerous as many scams are, the lesson here is to do some research before immediately diving into something that is offered to you. Keep in mind the more you know the safer you'll be!

Please Make Sure To Share This With Others!

No comments:

Post a Comment